Hi,
My name is Jamie, and I am from Arlington, Texas. I am originally from Los Angeles, California and I moved to Texas when I was 11 years old. I am a sophomore, and my major is Social Work with a minor in Child Development.
I was first interested in TCU because of a conference I came to my sophomore year of high school. I really didn't know what college I wanted to go to yet, but when I came here everybody was very friendly and the campus was just the right size that I thought this is the school for me. If I was Chancellor of TCU, I would probably change the way some organizations on TCU are exclusive not only because of how I feel about that but because of how other people I know feel excluded from many organizations they could join if people were more open to others. A good teacher to me is someone who is energetic and excited about what he or she is teaching because students aren't very enthusiastic themselves most of the time. A good student is someone who is very attentive and does everything that is supposed to be done in the class along with doing your personal best in the course.
If I could have dinner with any three people, they would be Frida Kahlo, my maternal great-grandmother, and Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I would love to meet Frida Kahlo because she was such an interesting person and very original. Although she suffered a lot in her life, she still managed to enjoy it to the fullest extent. My maternal great-grandmother has always interested me and seemed like such a strong person because of the stories my mother has told me about her. Gabriel Garcia Marquez is one of my favorite authors, and I would like to know where all his ideas come from because they are great.
Three things you should know about me is first of all that I am a very quiet person when people first meet me, but then as I get comfortable with a person I can be very talkative. It is even harder for me in class because I have to force myself to speak, but if I enjoy the class it's a little more effortless. Second, I love Texas but California is my home and I talk about it often. Third, I am a very sympathetic and empathetic person even though I am very protective of showing my emotions.
I was foremost interested in the Major American Writers course not only because it covers requirements, but also because I am an avid reader. I used to read much more before college, and reading is something I enjoy doing just like other people enjoy watching television, movies or playing sports. I am very interested to see what kind of reading we are going to do in this course because it is probably new reading that I'm going to like. I generally read fantasy, romance, or drama novels. I'm not really into non-fiction. The only writing I do is emailing, texting, and at times I keep a journal. When it comes to writing in school, I am not very confident about it but I try to do my best. I feel like I can improve a lot in my writing at school.
I hope my blog sends a message that I am a very friendly person and I am very down to earth. I also hope it shows that I am an organized person, and I try to do my best in every aspect of my life.
I have read, understand, and agree to the terms of the course syllabus, which I see as a contract for our course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment